Sales Development Representative
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a significant impact
LawLytics is one of the fastest-growing and most innovative technology startups in Tucson. We are a winner of the Arizona Innovation Challenge, have significant revenue, and are backed by Arizona’s top investors including the Arizona Founders’ Fund and Croghan Investments. We are a software as a service company that provides small law firm owners with the technology, strategy, training
We are hiring a Lead Development Representative (LDR) to play a key role in nurturing leads from across the United States and Canada, as well as in cultivating new leads. This job function is also known as a Sales Development Representative (SDR) or a Business Development Representative (BDR). We choose to call this function LDR because you will be working as closely with the Marketing Team as you will with the Sales Team.
You’ll be working at our Tucson HQ, which is a 6,000 square foot office at Broadway and Wilmot, and your full-time presence will be required in Tucson. You’ll report directly to the CRO and work directly with the sales, marketing, and customer-facing operations teams, as well as with the CEO. Inside the
If you are at the beginning of an illustrious sales career and want an opportunity to develop into a prolific contributor of revenue, while building your income and experience, in a fast-paced startup environment, in the heart of Tucson, then this may be the position you’re looking for.
Your job will be to systematically identify and engage with the most promising prospects and either:
- Qualify them and schedule them for a consultation with one of our account executives; or
- Determine what additional information they will need
before beforethey are qualified to be scheduled, supply them with that information and nurture them until they are Sales Qualified; or
- Disqualify them as prospects for LawLytics membership.
You’ll be responsible for becoming an expert in online legal marketing, and for keeping up with the latest developments in the industry, including assisting or leading the development of a competitive intelligence database, optimal customer communications, and positioning best practices. You’ll use the knowledge to discover opportunities in areas where prospect law firms are not getting optimal value from their current marketing providers and to educate attorneys about how and why LawLytics provides a more reliable and efficient solution.
You’ll be responsible for acquiring data about prospects during conversations, from the internet and other sources, and ensuring that the data is accurately entered into and maintained in our CRM.
You’ll be responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly expectation of qualified scheduled appointments, and, as you succeed, you’ll have the ability to move into an account executive role.
This is our first LDR hire, and as such, you’ll be responsible for working with the company to develop and document the processes. For this reason, you should be comfortable in a fast-moving and rapidly changing business environment, where new ideas are tried, refined and often discarded in the search for the optimal way of doing things. Thus, you should not only feel comfortable in working in a less than fully-defined protocol,
This position involves a significant amount of warm calling (calling on leads that have sent signals of interest but have not affirmatively asked to be called) as well as cold calling. Therefore you’ll need to be comfortable with the work and challenges of an outbound model.
Desired Experiences & Skills:
- BS or BA degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of business experience in SaaS sales is preferred. Recent college graduates with sales experience or who have gone through college-level sales training with applicable internship experience may also apply.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work with lawyers who are decision makers on purchases for their practice and who have varying levels of technical and marketing experience.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong writing skills.
- Passion for selling.
- A high level of integrity.
- A high-level of computer competency including expert proficiency in CRM and marketing automation in a sales environment. We use HubSpot as our CRM, and you should make yourself familiar with HubSpot’s capabilities as part of the application process, and be willing and able to become HubSpot certified in Inbound Sales and the HubSpot Sales Software.
- A solid understanding of how the internet works, specifically about websites, CMSs, SEO, SEM, and content marketing.
- Experience working for, with, or selling to lawyers or other professional service providers in a small business setting is a plus.
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement.
- Meticulous in your record-keeping, and an ability and willingness to follow protocol when it comes to documenting your work.
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace with the ability to creatively “change gears” as needed.
If you’re the right fit, please apply and include a cover letter that lets us know why you think this job is a good fit for you, as well as your resume and references. If you have prior sales or LDR type experience, please include your achievements (and please be more specific than describing yourself as a top sales rep, president’s club, etc, as we love numbers and can’t give much weight to awards without context).
Important Notes for Applicants on How to Apply:
- Please include a resume and cover letter that explains why you are applying for this particular job, as well as a link to your LinkedIn profile. In the cover letter, please explain why you are the right candidate for this position and why you want to be
a LDR/SDR/BDR with LawLytics.
- Please address the cover letter to “Helen Elardo, CRO.”
- Please also include a list of at least three professional references who are not family members, and where no more than one reference is a professor. Please list the relationship to each reference (ie, supervisor, colleague, professor, etc), as well as the time period and capacity about which that reference will be able to speak about you.
- We will typically review and respond to all completed applications within two business days.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Location: Requires 8-5, M-F presence in our Tucson Office