In 2022, your firm’s website will be more important than ever. The pandemic has accelerated both remote work as well as online business development for lawyers – something that many small law firms have seen in the past two years.
More potential clients are finding their attorney online, which means it’s crucial for attorneys to invest in the right elements of their online presence.
Here’s what the best law firm websites will have in common in the new year and beyond.
Provide a High-Quality User Experience
The best law firm websites make it easy for potential clients to understand what you do, how you can help them, and finally, to convert when it’s time.
- Make it easy for visitors to use your website. Make sure that your website is easy to navigate by using conventional, simple navigation. Potential clients who get lost on your site are likely to leave it.
- Make sure visitors know who you are, where you are, and what you do. Don’t make potential clients guess as to whether your firm can help them. Make sure that the pages of your site clearly outline the services you provide, where you provide them, and how you can help your potential clients.
- Make it simple to contact your firm. Your law firm’s website should make it easy to contact your firm, regardless of where a visitor is on your site. Provide multiple calls-to-action, clearly visible contact forms, and click-to-call phone numbers for those visitors using mobile devices to use your site.
- Use your site to educate visitors and build relationships. Potential clients visit law firm websites to learn more about their case or matter. Creating information designed for your potential clients (and the problem they’re facing) builds trust with clients.
Highlight a Clear Brand and Message
- Your website’s information should be easy to understand. The best law firm websites understand that potential clients usually don’t have a legal background. As a result, the information featured on these sites is clear, educational, and simple enough for the average consumer to digest.
- Make sure your branding elements bolster your site’s information. Potential clients visit websites to solve their problems – not to be entertained. If the design elements of your website distract from your branding and messaging as an authoritative expert, you run the risk of losing the attention of your visitors. Simple, professional designs are best.
- Feature reviews and recommendations. Social proof is important for potential clients who are in the process of deciding on an attorney. Reviews from happy former clients go a long way toward building confidence for web visitors that you’re the right choice to handle their legal matters.
- Does your site make you seem approachable? By providing information about your firm, your values, and your background, you’ll help potential clients see that they’ll not only benefit from working with you, but that they’ll enjoy doing so. Include robust attorney bios, an “About the Firm” page, and testimonials to help visitors get to know you.
Be Fast and Mobile-Friendly.
- Make sure your website loads quickly. Slow loading sites cause potential clients to avoid engagement. If your site features heavy elements that cause it to load slowly, consider removing them.
- Have a responsive website. People access websites from all kinds of devices. Whether someone visits your site from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, you’ll want to make sure that your law firm’s website performs well on devices of any size.
- A secure website is essential. Security builds trust. Your website should have a valid security certificate that is up-to-date and universally applied throughout your website.
Get a high-performing law firm website in 2022.
LawLytics makes it easy for lawyers to have a highly functional, professional web presence that attracts new clients. The platform is designed exclusively for lawyers and automatically produces the most effective user experience. It complies with the latest standards and best practices and removes the technical labor and guesswork of creating a high-quality website that showcases your authority and builds trust with potential clients.
We’ll design, set up, launch, host, maintain, and update your firm’s website for you. We’ll teach you how to use the platform to publish content that attracts and converts new clients and give you ongoing strategy and support.
If you’re not a LawLytics member and are looking to grow your firm’s online presence in 2022, LawLytics can help: To see it in action, schedule a free 20-minute interactive demo.