Week of April 27, 2020 – COVID-19 Action Items for Lawyers Stuck At Home
This is week five of the blog series containing a set of weekly action items. For those who have been following along, I’m going to spare the introduction, which you can find repeated by reviewing past posts (see Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 and Week 4).
Once again this week I’ll be challenging you to write 4 blog posts, do 4 social media shares, read other attorneys’ blog posts, and post a blog comment. I’ll spare you the explanations for each of these, as they are also contained in the previous 4 weeks. Hopefully you’ve started doing these things, and maybe even enjoying them. We’ve heard from LawLytics member attorneys who have embraced communication regarding COVID-19 with great results, and I hope you’ll join them if you haven’t already.
If you’ve been following along with my blog posts since the Coronavirus crisis began, and especially if you’ve been doing the weekly challenges, you likely already understand that legal marketing success an attitude, and that once most attorneys make the decision to take control of their destiny, the rest is simply communication.
In addition to the content items listed above, this week I challenge you to spend time thinking about your relationship with your firm’s marketing. Are you proactively building your firm’s future? Are you communicating regularly with your clients and potential clients? Are you committed to action, or are you waiting for somebody to intervene, or for magic to happen? If your mindset has been passive, are you evolving or are you repeating the same old script?
The difference between lawyers who succeed with the marketing and those who don’t is that successful lawyers see themselves as:
• 0% the victim of other people or circumstances
• 0% lucky
• 100% in control of their destiny and blessed to be so
Where are you on the victim, luck and control scales? If you’re not at 0%, 0% and 100%, will this be the week that you move the needle closer to those marks? Will this be the week that you stop cheating yourself, stop doubting yourself, stop making excuses for not taking action, and start hustling? I hope so, because, if business is slow this week as you wait for things in your state or local area to open back up, and if you’re sheltering in place, this week is a unique and one-time opportunity. You’ll never be in this combination of time and space again, no matter how similar it looks to last week or might look to next week. If you make the most of today, tomorrow will make the most for you.
This week is the best time you’ll have, from this moment forward, to start planting the seeds for your law firms future success, or to keep planting them.
If you’re a LawLytics member, let us know how we can help. We’re here to guide and support you. And if you don’t yet have your law firm’s website with LawLytics, this week presents a perfect opportunity to see it in action by scheduling an interactive online demo.
Related Posts by Attorney & LawLytics CEO Dan Jaffe:
- Coronavirus and your small law firm: How to ensure your business survives and thrives
- The Legal Marketing Mindset That Wins In Recession and Boom Times
- Technology We (at LawLytics) Use To Work Remotely
- Help: I’m worried about my law firm’s present and future because of COVID-19
- Stuck At Home Attorneys Should Get Their Phone Systems Figured Out – Stat
- 9 Things Attorneys Working From Home Can Do To Turn Downtime Into Opportunity
- Thoughts on keeping your legal marketing overhead fixed and low through recessions and boom times
- Google confirms my 3-16-2020 advice to lawyers – Don’t take your law firm’s website offline
- CARES Act Funding for Small Law Firms – Danger or Opportunity?
- COVID-19 Weekly Legal Marketing Challenge for Lawyers Stuck At Home – Week of March 30, 2020
- Thoughts on opportunity for unemployed lawyers and law grads
- COVID-19 Crisis Office Closure Communication Best Practices For Lawyers
- Webinar Replay: Leveraging Your Law Firm's Downtime During COVID-19 to Gain a Competitive Edge
- Starting a Solo Law Practice - New Series Intro
- Week of April 6, 2020 – COVID-19 Action Items for Lawyers Stuck At Home
- We’re Wartime Lawyers Now – So Find Your Law Firm’s Strategic Inflection Point
- Week of April 13, 2020 - COVID-19 Action Items for Lawyers Stuck At Home
- For Job Security, Attorneys Should Own Their Firms Plus The Following
- Week of April 20, 2020 - COVID-19 Action Items for Lawyers Stuck At Home
- Week of April 27, 2020 - COVID-19 Action Items for Lawyers Stuck At Home
- What Every Lawyer Should Know About Legal Marketing During COVID-19 and Beyond - Part I - Legal Marketing Agencies
- What Every Lawyer Should Know About Legal Marketing During COVID-19 and Beyond – Part II – Legal Directories
- What Every Lawyer Should Know About Legal Marketing During COVID-19 and Beyond - Part III - Social Media
- New Realities and Habits That Will Form Your Law Firm's Future
Attorney & LawLytics CEO